Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Caught 13 walleye plus 3 F.O (30" catfish & 2 28" sheephead) out of Cranberry Creek today. Hot'nTot chrome clown (old lute probably 30 years old) & purple DHJ got the most. 24' to 29' straight out of marina over towards the Castle. Saw two other kayaks out & they were hammering them as well. One of my favorite spots to launch from.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Half mile to a mile at most. Years past had to go out a little further for although there's always active pods on the reefs. You can usually get into fish not far off of shore towards the Castle. There's a drop off hole from 8 foot to 24 foot that holds all kinds of fish. Great small mouth spot. I believe that the shallow walleye are not spooked by the kayak. I've caught limits close so many times trolling when others big boats were not hitting

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That said, I am on a Tarpon120 sit on top. I got this bc I was comfortable in it on the ocean. I think you should be on a sit on top with scupper holes anytime a distance off shore on Erie. I've been out with guys in a sit in & its always been trouble. Even in a stable kayak, you have to be aware & intentional with how you move. No matter how you try, you get so many hang ups & tangles that can quickly go bad if you lean the wrong way.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Another great spot close is west side of near shore reef were it seems to drop into a creek channel from cranberry creek. Also farther west in front of old women’s creek

·
Registered
577 Posts
Anybody going out this weekend? Going to try out of cranberry Sunday for the first time. Usually go out of Eastlake or mentor lagoons

1 - 9 of 9 Posts