Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day I received a post card in the mail stating that I will no longer be receiving Walleye Insider magazine, but I would start receiving the local Game and Fish magazine for the remainder of my subscription. Has anyone else received the same post card about this?

Darryl

·
STX 206 Viper
1,870 Posts
I got the same thing. It sucks too, that was a pretty good magazine.
What I don't get is - why don't they give you In-Fisherman instead. Walleye Insider was published by In-Fisherman. I cancelled my subscription to Ohio Game & Fish a while back because it was a piss-poor magazine. It was just standard Ohio fishing stories/reports, the same thing over and over again.

·
multi species angler
4,369 Posts
What I don't get is - why don't they give you In-Fisherman instead. Walleye Insider was published by In-Fisherman. I cancelled my subscription to Ohio Game & Fish a while back because it was a piss-poor magazine. It was just standard Ohio fishing stories/reports, the same thing over and over again.
I noticed that repeating of things in that mag some years ago and canceled it also.:mad:

·
Registered
11,371 Posts
I also subscribe to In Fisherman as well as Ohio Game Fishing and was notified that my IF would be extended. Suggest you take the time to write to Doug Stange and explain your position and ask to recieve IF instead. Let us know what response you get. I have always received an answer from DS whenever I write directly to him.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Well, It might be just the time to re-new the subscription. I looked and couldn't find anything about no more Walleye Insider. I pick My magazine up at Gander on a regular basis.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I also subscribe to In-Fisherman magazine. I personally do not like Ohio Game and Fish magazine, because of it has alot of ads in it and a lot of repeat articles. If I want to read Ohio Game and Fish, I can just get it out from the library. I'll probably email Doug Strange, like Shortdrift had mentioned and see what response I get.

Darryl

·
SFC-ARMY
148 Posts
the other day i received a post card in the mail stating that i will no longer be receiving walleye insider magazine, but i would start receiving the local game and fish magazine for the remainder of my subscription. Has anyone else received the same post card about this?

Darryl
yes i did but mine said i would get in-fisherman to replace my walleye insider , an i received a in-fisherman yesterday.

·
STX 206 Viper
1,870 Posts
I subscribe to In-Fisherman also. I wonder why they decided on Ohio Game and Fish instead of extending my IF subscription.

·
Registered
377 Posts
The PWT went belly up. Since a lot of the content in Walleye In-Sider was about the Professional Walleye Tournament events and results it was time to call it quits on the magazine.

FLW walleye tour is still going strong. They put out a magazine. It is pretty good. Magazines need ads to survive and everything is getting squeezed lately. Advertisers have cut back.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Here's the story from last year. They were going to try to save the magazine but evidently it did not work out.

In-Fisherman Discontinues Professional Walleye Trail in 2009
Company Plans Future Investments in Walleye-Focused Media

Baxter, MN (August 5, 2008)—In-Fisherman, a division of InterMedia Outdoors, Inc., today announced that it will discontinue operation of the Professional Walleye Trail (PWT) after the 2008 season. The PWT started with a single event in 1989 and grew to become North America’s most prestigious walleye tournament series.

During the past 19 years the PWT served as a proving ground for new tackle and marine equipment and the birthplace for innovative tactics that have made anglers across the country more successful. Along the way the PWT has awarded millions of dollars in cash and prizes to thousands of professional and amateur participants. However, sponsorship support no longer covers event expenses, and angler participation has declined in recent years.

Announcing the decision, In-Fisherman Publisher Steve Hoffman said, "This was a difficult decision for us, but in the end we felt that the PWT was no longer an effective way for us to serve the dedicated angler, which is our core mission at In-Fisherman.”

The PWT has three events remaining in its 2008 schedule culminating in the 2008 PWT Championship Shootout on October 16-18 in Hudson, Wisconsin, with a first-place purse of $50,000.

Going forward, InterMedia Outdoors will continue to invest in walleye-focused media including additional editorial content in Walleye In-Sider magazine, content and functionality improvements in WalleyeFan.com, the launch of a new television series “Walleye In-Sider” which will begin shooting in October and will debut in the fourth quarter of next year, and the development and launch of a fully redesigned In-Fisherman website with content devoted to walleyes and virtually every other freshwater fish.

Hoffman added, “We’re very excited about our new print, online and television endeavors, and are confident that we will not only teach millions of anglers how to catch more and bigger walleyes, but will continue to help our advertisers sell more product.”

About In-Fisherman
For over thirty years, In-Fisherman has been the communications leader in the freshwater fishing industry through the integration of publications, television, radio, books, videos, DVD’s and the Internet. In-Fisherman publications include In-Fisherman and Walleye In-Sider magazines; plus six annuals, Walleye Guide, Catfish In-Sider Guide, Bass Guide, Ice Fishing Guide, Pike & Muskie Guide, and coming in 2009 the Panfish Guide. The In-Fisherman Library consists of over 19 educational fishing books and 95 instructional fishing DVD's and videos. In-Fisherman Television airs 52 weeks a year on Outdoor Channel, Outdoor Channel 2HD, Fox Sports Net, The Sportsman Channel, Wild TV, and select broadcast markets. In-Fisherman Radio airs 6 days a week to over 420 stations nationwide. In-Fisherman’s website can be found at www.in-fisherman.com <http://www.in-fisherman.com/> .

About InterMedia Outdoors

InterMedia Outdoors, Inc. is the leading multimedia company exclusively serving the information and entertainment needs of outdoors enthusiasts, with the largest network of websites dedicated to hunting, shooting and fishing; a portfolio of 17 magazines including powerful brands such as Guns & Ammo, Petersen’s Hunting, Fly Fisherman, and Florida Sportsman; syndicated radio programming; 11 market-leading television productions, the largest library of outdoors television programming and The Sportsman Channel, the only television network 100% dedicated to hunting, shooting and fishing.

CONTACT: Patty Harrison, In-Fisherman, 218-824-2538, [email protected] <mailto:pa [email protected]>

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Today in the mail, I received 2 Ohio Game and Fish magazines (May and June issues). What got me alittle POed besides not getting any responses back from In-Fisherman magazine through a letter I wrote them and sent out through the mail is that instead of same expiration as my Walleye Insider, they have cheated me out on a years worth of subscription. My Walleye Insider subscription had a exp. date of March 2011 and now the Ohio Game and Fish only has February 2010 as the exp. date.

Darryl

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
So thats why I am getting Ohio game and fish. I never got a notice that they where switching. I would of liked to have them replace it with the infisherman mag. I am not a fan of ohio game and fish. I wonder if they will ever bring back the walleye in sider? Well I guess I will give FLW a try.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
I called Infisherman today and they gave me this number to call 1-800-441 1740 and they let me switch from ohio game and fish to Infisherman mag for the remainder of my subscription.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks billybob,

I just got through calling that number and told them I wasn't happy with Ohio Game and Fish and said that they would add 2 more years to my In-Fisherman.

Darryl

1 - 17 of 17 Posts