Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know CJ Brown is supposedly the place to go. However, I rarely see anything good about walleye fishing there. Either those catching are very tight-lipped (which I can understand) or they are hard to catch.

Since it looks like my Minnesota trip is gonna fall through this year I wondered if anyone had tips for trying to get into the 'eyes in CJ Brown?

·
Banned
5,615 Posts
Hey Onion- these fish are VERY hard to get at CJ Brown. Do yourself a favor and take a trip down here to Rocky Fork ;) Walleye's are to be had there. I know quite a few guys who troll this lake and get some really nice fish. It's also loaded with saugeyes. CATKING

·
Registered
609 Posts
we chased them all last year and only landed about 5 keepers total. they are in there because when they net them early in the season people say that there see 10 lbers and alot of 5 lbers. there were a couple of boats out there getting their limit every weekend, mostly the 15" and 16" ones but still keepers. the reason we don't catch them is we can't figure out how to get them to jump in the boat but we are still trying. i know that they have stocked plenty in there over the last few years too. i wish i could tell you how to catch them but i can't. good luck.

all thumbs

·
Banned
5,615 Posts
Has anybody out there in OGF land try fishing in November at the dam, at night, for these fish :confused: Works for all the other 'eye lakes, just wondering. All Thinbs is right-when the ODNR test nets, this lake has HUGE walleyes and lots of them. CATKING :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts