Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey my dad just bought a boat he hasnt been on the lake for 15 years we went out to the sand bar and drifted for a few hours with erie deries on not a bite. I talk to a few people and they said my dad stuck in the past with the erie deieres any tips on some lures for drifting. i been reading these forum for a week or so so it sound like well go a little futher out next time. but just need some tips on lures for drifting. thanks guys

·
KrustyDawg
2,632 Posts
Erie Dearies will still work. I use two rods when drifting. One with a bottom bouncer with a 4-6 ft. crawler harness. Length of harness and size of bottom bouncer will depend on how fast you are drifting and depth of water. The other rod I will cast with, either an erie dearie or a weapon. A weapon or mayfly rig is basically a 2-3 ft. crawler harness with a egg weight above it. Deeper water like the sandbar I will use atleast a 3 oz. bottom bouncer, with the weapon I would use 1/2 - 3/4 oz. egg weight, again it will depend on your drifting speed. Look at Ol' Petes website he has all of the casting harnesses you will need.

www.olepetestackle.com

·
Robs Guide Service
3,826 Posts
try tiny teasers or if you can find them, try bar bumpers, there the same concept of erie deri but have a better blade action. throwem out, let out about a 100-150 feet of line and drift. thats how me and the pops used to do it when we drifted erie. if need be, add more weight as drift gets faster.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
I'm not a drifter. That said, it looks like winds did not favor drifting today.

Maybe someone who knows drifting will chime in.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Krusty. ole' EZ dropped that on you faster than a pass to Braylon Edwards.:D

·
Registered
36 Posts
Go easy on the Erie Dearie. WEnt out a couple weeks ago with my nice GLoomis rod and nice worm harnesses and got outfished by my buddy with a 25 year old pole that looked like it might fall apart any second and an old red and white Erie Dearie. Some days you just can't win. If the fish are there and feeding and you put that Erie Dearie in front of them, they will take it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts