close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Walleye Fishing Seminar

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Big Daddy, Jul 31, 2008.

1. A buddy of mine asked I post this for him...

Pro Walleye Seminar

August 16

Two of the hottest walleye professionals in Ohio, Jonathan Shoemaker and Jason Kopf will be giving an open water trolling seminar on Sat. Aug. 16 from 11:00 a.m. till 1:30 p.m. in the Sheffield Village-Gander Mountain parking lot. Both will be bringing their fully rigged professional boat for display and questions. The main focus for the seminar will be to teach you how to catch walleye more efficiently on Lake Erie. Topics will include trolling in-line weights, snap-on weights, in-line planer boards, bottom bouncers, and divers.

Jonathan Shoemaker has qualified for the 2008 FLW Walleye Tour Championship in Bismark N.D., finishing 22 in Angler of the Year standings. Jason Kopf has won two major tournaments (MWC and LEWT) on Lake Erie in the last four months; and is currently the all time one day bag limit holder for the MWC circuit with 48.95 pounds in five fish.

If anyone goes, give us a report and take some pictures!

2. K gonefishin

K gonefishin Eye Slayer

You guys don't want to miss this one. I know both of these guys and am real good friends with Jason. If anyone wants to learn about trolling for eyes on Erie you defintely want to check these guys out. I may come to listen in and join the crowd.

3. I met Jonathan at the FLW championship in Cleveland last year. Great guy.

I may even come up to this one. I need all the trolling help I can get!

4. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

can you pop this back to the top when it gets close? id like to go.

5. Toxic

Toxic Defensor Fortis

Tom, I have plans for that day, but if they get cancelled do you want to carpool? I would like to go to this as well.

6. I'll just "stick" it at the top.

7. Thanks for the interest and I hope everyone who has a chance will show up. It should be a great learning experience for everyone; and I might even have a few small handouts for people who mention seeing this on OGF.
    Catch A BIG One,
    Jonathan Shoemaker

8. Do you have to RSVP with gander MTN to show up for the seminar.

9. I can only stay for an hour (kids soccer) but I'm heading up there.

See you next week! Thanks for calling the radio show Jonathan!

10. ezbite

sure, i have to be at work by 2:30 that day(back in warren) so i probably wont stay the whole 2.5 hours, but i do plan on attending.

11. tubuzz2

tubuzz2 1700 Lund Red and tan

I will be there. Might have to hit the big pond after to see what I learned. (If the weather okay)

12. Fishers of Men

Fishers of Men Senior Member

Toxic and EZ, want a 3rd for the car pool?

13. GREAT seminar guys! I'm glad Nick I went! Very informative. Dropped a few bucks and Gander too!

Thanks for the tips. Nick already tied up the mixed veggies harness... Looks good!

14. ezbite

man, i really wanted to go to this. i hate working weekends sometime. let us know when/if theres another someday.

15. Toxic

Toxic Defensor Fortis

FOM, you could have but I couldn't make it.

16. fugarwi7

fugarwi7 Lumberjack

Big thanks to Jonathan and Jason...great seminar and very informative...good luck to both of you in your quest for your goals. Thanks again. I enjoyed meeting you both and talking fishing.

17. tomb

tomb Tom B.

That was an excellent seminar those guys gave. Lots of info those guys gave. Never hurts to learn more, no matter how long you've been fishing. Can't believe more people didn't go.

Someone in a tan shirt spoke about deburring jets and replacing the snap with a large split ring. Was it the top or bottom snap?

I've been hesitant to paint up my jets/dipseys, but I'll be buying a can of flat black paint now.

18. tubuzz2

tubuzz2 1700 Lund Red and tan

Top the one that goes to the main line.

Crank out the paint, take a little sand paper to rough them up and then use paint for plastic.

19. tomb

tomb Tom B.

Thanks tubuzz2.