Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about trying to fish Hoover for walleyes. I have never fished walleye before but think I am going to focus on them a bit this fall. Anybody got any tips, tricks, places at hoover, and other suggestions for me.

·
Registered
769 Posts
If you get a walleye at Hoover, mount it on the wall. That will be the last one you see. They are long gone from that body of water.

·
Registered
398 Posts
You might find some saugeye but IMO your chances are better at Alum. The nice thing about saugeye vs. walleye is you can always count on them being on the bottom. The few trips I made to Hoover this year were unproductive.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well damn. Maybe O' Shaughnessy?

·
Registered
780 Posts
Hmm I quit, only caught less than ten fish in 15 years, going to fish for walleye in Hoover maybe someone is playing you guys for info, just a hunch, maybe he will morph to Alexis the female next to get even more info :) I say go ahead and quit please, more fish for me. Maybe he even got a few PM's with your honey hole!

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
Alexculley.........State stocked walleye for something like 9 years in Grand Lake St. Marys. Last stocking was maybe 2006. Walleye are there but fishermen never really figured out how to catch 'em. In the spring we'll see photos of a few fish as big as 9#.

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
Go to the ohio river if you want Walleye. Below one of the dams. Plenty of shore fishing.

·
Urban Angler
6,295 Posts
Hmm I quit, only caught less than ten fish in 15 years, going to fish for walleye in Hoover maybe someone is playing you guys for info, just a hunch, maybe he will morph to Alexis the female next to get even more info :) I say go ahead and quit please, more fish for me. Maybe he even got a few PM's with your honey hole!
You might be on to something! I was wondering about the "I Quit" post. I find it surprising that an adult would profess that they quit fishing on a fishing website then proceed to ask for info... Most people would be embarrassed to admit that they are quitting because something is frustrating. Maybe me replying to the thread is just fueling the fire...

·
day late, dollar short
868 Posts
Alex, saugeye are pretty much the same as walleye. You should be able to get them from shore from any reservoir in central ohio as the water cools. Hoover is one of the tougher lakes to find them imo. I fish it all the time and have never done that well.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Alex, saugeye are pretty much the same as walleye. You should be able to get them from shore from any reservoir in central ohio as the water cools. Hoover is one of the tougher lakes to find them imo. I fish it all the time and have never done that well.
I have gotten most of my information about fishing and where from the Ohio DNR. I was checking the forecast and saw the ranking and just assumed. Thanks for the info.

Numbers of Saugeye and Walleye
Rank Lake
1 Buckeye Lake
2 Indian Lake
3 Deer Creek Lake
4 Hoover Reservoir
5 O' Shaughnessy Reservoi

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sorry gentleman, I allowed kayakmac to get under my skin. I will not let this happen again.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts