Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going on a headboat Thursday the 11 th .. Haven't been on a charter for some time..... Are the walleye still biting on eerie drearies if so what color? Will be fishing off port Clinton... Taking wife hope to catch some walleye.. Any help would be appreciated .. Thanks

G

·
The go to drifting lure is a longer spinner rig...you fish them similar to a normal weight forward. Hammered gold blades with orange beads are my favorite. You can pick them up at any bait store. Regular weight forward spinners still work good so have them with you.

·
Lake Erie Charter Captain
3,480 Posts
Going on a headboat Thursday the 11 th .. Haven't been on a charter for some time..... Are the walleye still biting on eerie drearies if so what color? Will be fishing off port Clinton... Taking wife hope to catch some walleye.. Any help would be appreciated .. Thanks
Sure they Work but By all means bring some worm harnesses/aka weapons/aka mayfly rigs along with various weights and blade colors.

I really dont call a head boat a charter ? But please let us know how you did ?

I know most of the charter boats casting and drift have been getting Limits for some time now ! Not sure what the head boats are doing ?

Good Luck.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have seen some pictures of walleye and such being caught on perchin head boats. I wonder if there is any tricks to catching them or just luck that the walleye are mixed in with the perch

Sent from my VS840 4G using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
went out on miss drawbridge thursday after storms wednesday ... water was muddy we had to go to canadian line.... 14 people onboard about 3 walleye 15"-20" and 5 over 25" and close to 50-60 white perch caught between all of us 1 was a monster.... started with gold and silver weight forwards no luck, went to gold harnesses worked better in dirty water

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.