Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Catch and Release
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother and I plan to hit the lake a couple mornings this week. Thinking 6ish. Any suggestions on locations or bait? We like to catch whatever is biting, snap a pic, toss them back in and hope to catch them again.

·
Catch and Release
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nothing doing. 1 bite and bad set. Worked same shoreline and up to buoys before the swimming area to no avail. Used night crawlers and yellow Texas rigs. Water was as warm as a bath at 5:45am. Going to hit the river Friday morning and see if our luck changes.

·
Catch and Release
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No, we haven't. I see that its essentially right beside Baldwin Lake so same place. We fish from the shore and at sunrise. If you think the fishing there would be more fruitful I'm willing to give it a go.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I used to fish there a lot before I got my boat. I believe that there is a net that divides the lake. I believe that the net is just north of the beach area where the lake becomes narrow. I have not had much luck on the south side of Wallace and have always focused my attention to the north side for bass, trout (in spring), cats, carp, and pan fish.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Wallace is one of the most frustrating small lakes around. Tons of structure, decent depth in some places, but the fishing is never easy. That lake gets TONS of pressure though. I live in Berea, and every once in a while I make the mistake of thinking I'll give it a go and see what happens. I always regret it within the first hour.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Wallace can be a great lake if you figure it out. it took me a few years but I figured it out . Now I hardly ever get skunked there. I went today for an hour and caught 4 bass the biggest being 2.5lbs. But there are way bigger ones in there. I catch them in spring. Nw that it is warm they are hard to find. if you need help pm me

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.