Wall-e!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by SwollenGoat, Jun 28, 2008.

1. SwollenGoat

SwollenGoat Scourge of Hoover

Absolutely BRILLIANT!!! :D

Since the rain and storms kept us in this afternoon my wife and son felt it was a good time to go see this movie. Not often does all the hype and advertising hold up to the actual flick. But Disney/Pixar movies always seem to be some of the best family entertainment out there. WALL-E is no exception.

A refreshing surprise was that the first 30 minutes or so of the movie is pretty much lacking in any dialogue. The audience is made to figure out what is going on by themselves. It's not hard, even the smaller tykes in the audience sat riveted as the story unfolded. Another surprise, is that there are no celebrity voices (that I was aware of) and the characters are their own. I'm not going to give out any spoilers, only that this is THE shining example of what Pixar does best.

Please don't discard this as some kids flick. Yes, the kiddies will be entertained - but there is a great message and story for us big kids too. ;)

I promise no disappointments for any age group!!!

2. Fishpro

Fishpro Northcoast Madman

Cool, I'm glad its good, its next on our list.:) We took the kids to see Kung Foo Panda the other day, and it was good too.;)

3. Buick Riviera

Buick Riviera Willows and bass go together like beer and pizza.

The New York Times film critic says the viewer can expect "the most delightful 93 minutes you have spent in a movie theater". This flick is getting high praise. I am looking forward to seeing it.

Buick

4. For my Son

For my Son Fish to enjoy time with my boy.

It was a good movie to me, but I actually was a little dissappointed. For a Disney\Pixar movie it was slightly lacking. I have an 8yr old daughter that wanted to leave after about 20minutes.

5. Perch

Perch Perch Addict

Gets a solid nine out of ten from me, everyone in my family loved it !!!

Great flick

6. RareVos

RareVos Lost Sailor

Same here. My kids have been bugging me about Wall-E ever since we saw the previews. I'm kinda looking forward to this one.