Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
lets hear it from the fisherman that fish walborn is there any walleye in that lake we all have heard that they stocked it and they say that they aren't reproducing Why? years ago it was good with walleye one nice one was caught but why not more

·
Registered
9,656 Posts
I don't target them there but using other techniques that "could" produce walleye(if they're there). Fished the lake a few times since Spring, no eyes to report. Kind of like Wingfoot, they were "once" stocked many years ago there and "rarely" is an odd/older one caught. Like the FO pic att'd of a(C&R) at Wft a hanfdfull of years ago.

Attachments

·
Fish Ninja
147 Posts
I was with the young man and his father Who caught the 28.5” fish in the tall tails report. Measured and weighed it myself. Incredible fish for that lake. The first walleye I’ve ever seen out of the lake. It was quite the shock of the year for sure. We were trolling for hybrids. We checked and the last known stocking was in 2007 and the size of that fish I’d say he was in there since then. I don’t think there is a targetable number anymore but there are a few in there.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I spend many, many hours at Walborn. And just in my time there I have never caught a walleye, saw anyone catch a walleye, or talked to anyone who has caught a walleye. Talked to a Ranger who said he saw one caught about 5 years ago but that's it. Probably fished out if I had to guess.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts