Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
TeamOGF
7,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went with a friend to help him do a shakedown run on his boat after changing to a much smaller outboard and controls.

It was a gorgeous evening on the water to do it.
Afterward we got a line wet for about 30-40 minutes.
Looking for crappie I managed one legal one on a Roadrunner, which kept us from getting skunked.

The water was pretty murky everywhere, very stirred up. Maybe 3-4 inches visibility a lot of places.

Reactions: HappySnag

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thats the way its been ever since this crap been going on { Packed shore line or on the water } . Some people thinks its cuz the fish are bitting BUT ITS NOT ! Ive never seen so many people out late April & now till this year .And with this crappie lol weather we have now it sucks ! Water temp goes up than it goes down . Ok just my thoughts . Glad you didnt get skunked while you were out Ruminator .

·
TeamOGF
7,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Your right Mike. The shorelines were packed.
While out I didn't see anyone catching anything either.
The one that I caught wasn't around structure, which surprised me. It had its nose in the mud.

Reactions: Snakecharmer

·
grip master
881 Posts
I fished the last 4 days there. You can see them all around, mainly
on the south side of the lake where the water is deeper.
You can see small schools on the surface with their dorsal fins out of the water
when the wind dies down. I saw a dead one floating, looked about 10 pounds.
I don't notice anyone fishing for them. But they are in there big time.

·
Registered
9,658 Posts
I went with a friend to help him do a shakedown run on his boat after changing to a much smaller outboard and controls.

It was a gorgeous evening on the water to do it.
Afterward we got a line wet for about 30-40 minutes.
Looking for crappie I managed one legal one on a Roadrunner, which kept us from getting skunked.

The water was pretty murky everywhere, very stirred up. Maybe 3-4 inches visibility a lot of places.
Jim, I missed the "legal" reference in your original post! Just like Mog, Springfield, and Wft, there is no restriction on crappie at Walborn. They are all "legal"! In case you have your own self inflicted size limits, that's another story. I do shoot for 9" at these lakes but actually, for most of these, an 8" fish typically has "shoulders" and is very filet-able! Even though, no limits, you'd have a devil of a time putting together 30-9" or more at any of these lakes. There are "exceptions" however at each! I have noticed the size seems to be increasing just a bit each year. I'm sure when the average size gets to where they want it, restrictions will be put on these lates sometime in the future.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts