close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Waist Waders?

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by Rooster, Mar 24, 2008.

1. I’m looking for recommendations on waist high breathable waders. I have a pair of chest waders, but I’m specifically looking for waist high waders. These will be used in small creeks, and when I need waders that will pack down small.

These are only $75 at Dick’s Sporting Goods:

http://www.kodiakoutback.com/detail.aspx?ID=371&utm_source=yaho&utm_medium=ppc&utm_campaign=cmp1

I know that you usually get what you pay for with waders…..but I really don’t want to pay $200 for waist waders. I see that LL Bean and Cabela's also offer Waist waders under $100. Any opinions on these, or any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

I bought a pair of the Cabelas neoprene waist waders a few years ago. I never had a problem with them. I think that they were slightly more than a hundred bucks.

They sure are more comfortable than chest waders.

3. I bought a pair of the cabelas stocking foot ones that are waist high. Other than a very small leak around the sewn seams i like them. I should have returned them but had some aqua seal and used it to seal it and no problems. I also bought a pair of their boot foot breathables waders in the bargain bin that leaked where the neoprene is at the top of the boot foot model. Their return policy can't be beat but i just patched both pairs and am happy with them.
    The chest high boot foot model seems to run smaller than their listed size to me but i paid less than $80 for their $219 model.

4. i just fold my chesthigh waders under and use the waist belt to hold them up when I want to go waist high.

5. Waist waders are nice if you have a typical build. If your short legged with a big waist of vice-versa you might be screwed. I used to work at Cableas and sell waders and their breathable waist waders are pretty nice. I thought about getting a pair but i already had chest waders and hip boots so I didnt see the need.

Jake