Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats a good wading shoe? Not to go over waders though. I want something that is light and will grip the rocks.

I just want to grab a little tackle a rod trunks and go wading catch some fish.

Using regular shoes doesn't work to well gripping to the rocks or basketball shoes. I don't think cleats would work to well also:D

So anyone got any ideas on wading shoes?

A small bag or something to hold a little tackle ?

Thanks .

·
Fishing Fool
283 Posts
I've been wearing the same pair of Teva sandals for about the last 8 years, and still haven't come close to wearing them out. They are a little slick on bigger rocks though. Anything rubber is going to be slick on slimy rocks. I suppose you could get something felt soled, or glue a piece of carpet to your shoes.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I always thought these 2 items look pretty silly when a fisherman wore them, but i have realized they are utilitarian in nature.

Plano fannie pack
fishing vest. I prefer the this option.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
I have been wondering the same thing,live close to the LMR was thinking about wading more this yr.Would love to hear more from ppl that have them???Oh I allready have fishing vest loaded with all my carp stuff : )

·
Premium Member
3,828 Posts
They make little nylon tackle bags with shoulder straps that can be purchased relatively cheap at Gander/Dicks/Wally World. Lots of options on the shoes... I wade in nylon aqua socks b/c they are comfortable to wear and dry out quickly. They have them at WallyWorld for $6. One word of caution, they do not provide lots of support and do wear out quickly.

·
Kayak Conquistador
546 Posts
Anything that has a felt bottom will help your grip immensly. Those shoes start at around $30 at gander/dicks.

There are a ton of wading shoe threads in the search button.

·
Kayak Conquistador
546 Posts
i have heard golf shoes work to
One could maybe use the cleats to dig in the gravel while fighting Kings in NY, but wading the streams in ohio with golf shoes would be a sure way to pull a muscle and/or break a bone. Let alone get drenched.

·
Registered
680 Posts
I wear a pair of simms rubber soled wading boots - ankle-high. I personally wouldn't do any serious wading without ankle support.

·
Banned
4,478 Posts
Check out Bite Shoes (now owned by crocs) best wading shoes/sandals on the market (IMO). Every year I get the Trout Stream Sandals, but i've been wanting to get a pair of the primal felt for sometime. The difference between an old pair tennis shoes and a real pair of wading shoes/sandals is amazing.

http://shop.crocs.com/c-4-footwear.aspx?navcategories=2,127

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks acklac. I will check them out. I got a cousin that works for crocs maybe I can get a deal.

I been thinking about those little back packs.

I tried those swim socks and I didn't like them they dont fit my feet right. I have wide feet.

I also tried the search function pages on wading BOOTS and Waders but no shoes.

Thanks again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts