close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Wading for Walleye at Mosquito

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by benpecc1, Sep 19, 2008.

1. When is good time to start wading for walleye at mosquito? Where are some good spots? Off the causeway?

2. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

I don't think you want to wade off the causeway unless you're 25' tall.
    Try wading the southern end off the cemetary, further south along Walnut Creek along McCleary Jacoby Rd., around the east 305 launch ramp and around the west state park launch ramp and the beach area. The roadbed is good too on the west side.

3. we seen three guys wading on wed. evening around 4-5pm there were well south of that old marina on the east side of the lake..wow they were probaly 100 yards out in the water away from the bank and were in the water just over their waist. the water was kinda rough then also i thought man that seems crazy. maybe its not..but i wouldnt have been out that far with the lake kicked up a little bit!

4. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

actually there are several good spots to wade off the causeway. 2 on the west side. its very hard to explain the exact locations. so, i will point you in the direction. you will need to be in the rocks. dont try to wade off the fishing area/sidewalk area, you'll sink over you head with your first steps. there are 2 humps one on the north side and one on the south(still westside of fishing bridge). the one on the north side is small and ive caught walleye off it. ive not fished the one on the south side but i always see guys there in spring and fall. its some old foundations you can get out too. go look around the westside about 1/2 way down to the bay and if someone is wading, go join them. it is hard to place you exactly on them. next spot that ive had success is the little beach area by the boat ramp across from the causeway bait shop. there are many points to wade around the causeway. some are very hard to reach and require a lot of walking thru woods/shoreline. in years past it was much easier because the level of the lake was much lower. if i were you and had no idea of where i was going, id hit wallnut run and the state park. those are always productive areas and there usually plenty of guys there so you will be able to find the spots easier. good luck and becareful. i hardly ever put the waders on much anymore(maybe 3 to 4 times a spring)because i can cast from shore and do just about as good. when their hitting a jig, there hitting a jig, no matter where your fishing. just try walking the rocks, cast for a few, if nothing hits, move down about 10 yards. you can cover the whole causeway this way. if you find a spot where you catch a walleye, stay there until you think you've covered it.

5. thanks ezbite, im looking forward to heading out there soon.

6. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

i just went by the lake and it's about a foot lower than it has been. should make access to the points alot easier.