Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where is a good spot to hit the creek above the reservoir? I'm thinking of heading there Friday. Any sign of the White Bass run? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
There is a parking lot off Yankeetown Pike by the gun range. You can park there and go up stream or down and wade, there will be more people down stream. I heard there were some w/b being caught before the weather turned cold but no idea what is going on now.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Where is a good spot to hit the creek above the reservoir? I'm thinking of heading there Friday. Any sign of the White Bass run? Thanks.
Do you actually want to wade? The lake and creek are just above summer pool now, so it might be kinda tough. We have seen some white bass, crappie, saugeye and some nice catfish. Even had a few buffalo brought in!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are you trying to tell me that it's too deep and fast for wading? If so, I'l just try the tailwater. Thanks for the info.

·
Mad SOT YAKER!
1,999 Posts
hello wormqueen, been awhile since last visit to your place,and fellows she has a great bait show and very helpful. Beside live minnows, what seems to work better the last few years, white grub/jig or spinnerbait ala roostertail in white? I prefer jig but spinnerbait works for when I'm searching, then throw jig. Man I can't wait to get out, hope you carry cold cokes and snickers bars, thats my fuel!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts