Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are you alowed to wade at mogadore? or is it like ladue. are specific areas where you can park and fish the shore? any info/s thank you

·
Registered
374 Posts
You can fish from shore and wade only on the north shore of the lake.
Park at boat house and walk across the street the path goes along the north shore to the dike.
Good fishing Fred

·
Registered
104 Posts
I've never waded at Mogadore, however, I've heard of a lot of people parking at the boat house and walking across the street (as Redear said) and following the path and getting in the water right by the bridge and following that all the way down to a cove. Most of the people that I'v talked to said they've done very well once all the fish come in. Good Luck!
Debi
I'm a wishin' I was fishin'

·
Registered
294 Posts
I've fished that same North shoreline west of 43 4 times this year (all evening). Caught very few small bass, and perch, few gills. All in the 6 inch range. I'm going to try my luck on other parts of the lake. I'm not saying they aren't there, I just haven't caught anything to brag about.
________
PENNY STOCK PICKS

·
getting jigging with it
625 Posts
i waded the lake quite a few times a couple years ago i will have to go again this year. the problem with mogadore is the weeds... The time that i have had success is now before the weeds get too thick... Try other sections of the lake i have luck over by congress lake with bass and gills... I like using the fly rod in the waders... Its quite the adventure we usually take a 40 with us they fit nice in the waders... You would be suprised how far out you can walk in sections the lake is pretty shallow...

·
Registered
571 Posts
waded the nw shore in cutoffs and tennis shoes and came out with leeches all over my legs---

·
Registered
104 Posts
Last year my son went in the water off of N. Dike Road with his shoes on and when he came out he had a leech on him! He freeked out! Then he ripped it off of his ankle and bled for the longest time. He though they were poisonous and he was gonna die! LOL! Now he doesn't want to get in the water for love nor money! :D

·
Registered
670 Posts
I wade Mogadore with some regularity. Mostly the north shore east of 43, just east of the boat rental shack. There are quite a few who wade in that area this time of year, most fishing for panfish. I target bass and have had quite a bit of luck at that lake especially before the weed growth really kicks in. Waders are a must. Wet wading in that lake would be an adventure not just because of leeches but because the lake bottom is 12-24" or more of soft sediment. It's an experience to wade through that muck bottom but worth it to fish areas you otherwise couldn't cast to easily from shore. Wading will also help you locate the rare areas of gravel bottom that hold fish in that lake.

Steve

1 - 8 of 8 Posts