close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Waders..Opinions needed!

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by Rooster, Mar 29, 2005.

1. I’m sending my current pair of (breathable) waders into Orvis for repair, and want to purchase a 2nd pair before the end of this week (locally in Cincinnati). I’m looking to get a set of relatively inexpensive neoprene waders. They are primarily to get me through the rest of spring, but I would also like to use them as my primary waders in the colder months.

Dick’s has the Hodgman waders on sale from $50-$70, and BPS has some comparable RedHead waders on sale at a similar price.

Any specific brands or models that you would recommend? I’m looking to keep the purchase under $100, and will have to get them here in Cincinnati (time constraint).

Thanks!

2. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Rooster,

Man, I bought a pair of the Redhead Big Man Waders @ Bass Pro & fell in love w/ them. You dont need the Big Man ones, but I would recomend the reg Red Heads. The Big Man ones were $129 I think, so the reg should be quite abit less. The Red Heads gte my personal vote.

3. BlueRibbonTaxidermy

BlueRibbonTaxidermy BlueRibbonTaxidermy

Hodgemans a good brand and on sale from 50-70 sounds like a good price. I got mine through Sportsmans Guide (check website) for even less but they're not Hodgeman.

4. sgofish

sgofish AEP or Bust

I have used Hodgeman for years now and paid about what you are finding. I believe they were on sale at Dicks'.