close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Wadeing the Darby Today.

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Bubba bass bigfoot, Jun 14, 2007.

1. Bubba bass bigfoot

Bubba bass bigfoot Lucky Fisher, or skilled?

Me micro and my dad are going to wade our honey hole on the Darby today. will have a report tonight, and probley pics, of who knows what lol. this spot has everything from bass to s-eyes to huge Nothern Suckers along with Buffalo Carp and Gar. want to get a Gar. with me luck on that. :D

2. Bubba bass bigfoot

Back from trip. it was ok. we got 19 fish total. i only got 2 man 2 a smallie and a Rock. just could not get them to hit. micro got 10. 6 rocks, 3 smallies and a Green sunfish, he had the right color lol. used white the whole time. my dad got 6 smallies and a nice Crappie. a crappie in the Darby, ya even seen that. like i said we will have a pic of who knows what. all got on Grubs. micro got his fisrt smallie on a Banjo minnow LOL. then the rest on grubs. got mine on a all white grub and then an all brown grub. same with my dad. bigger fish hit the Brown grub. all Smallies struggled to hit 10inches. my dad got the bigger fish, one smallie getting about 12-13inches and another 10. the Crappie was the catch of the day. i missed alot of fish my tube was to big to start with. we all fell in the water LOL. mine was not that bad seeing how i was close the the bank. My dad fell in a deep hole, micro then walked right up to the same hole and fell in it. a good time on the water once i got a fish and lost my bad mood. lol i get like that. i get real focused and angry at my self for not catching fish. just ask micro lol.

Micro will post the pics of the crappie.

3. Micro_Mini_Angler

Micro_Mini_Angler live-2-fish

yea, u were in a VERY bad mood, i really thought you were about to come over to me and just sock me in my jaw. but boy was he happy after he got that first fish. lol

4. Bubba bass bigfoot

not mad at others just get very focused. he is refereing to when i had a fish on and lost it, then told him to not to move (in a rude tone), i was going to try to get it to hit again or pitch into the same spot. he said something along the lines of calm down. thats when i got very angry at him. and told him lol.
    i dont like the way i get when not catching fish. i stop to enjoy being out on the water, and doing something i love. but ehh thats what being VERY competetive does to ya. there are only a few trips where i can be getting skunked and nit get angry somehow. dont worry though i only lash out at Micro lol, b/c he's my friend and he knows how to take it, and that it dont mean a thing.

Micro gets that way also lol. i think it has something to do with being young. lol

5. There are definitely some nice crappies in Darby. Several years ago in early spring a friend and I caught around 50 fish ohio crappies, never caught any in there since or before. They were hitting on crappie-size skirted spinnerbaits. Best bait I've found for large numbers of smallies is a 1/8 oz white roostertail. Best baits for larger fish have been a wooly bugger and zoom tequila sunrise auger tail worm but take plenty as the smaller fish tear the tail off of them pretty quick. Another thing I've had pretty good luck with is drifting a 2.5" helgrammite immitating creature bait on a split shot rig around boulders.

6. Micro_Mini_Angler

Micro_Mini_Angler live-2-fish

yea but i don't threaten people. lol