close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Waded 10-13-07. Did well. Got my first

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Bubba bass bigfoot, Oct 14, 2007.

1. Bubba bass bigfoot

Bubba bass bigfoot Lucky Fisher, or skilled?

My dad and I went wading yesterday and did ok. Water was cool (did not have waders on lol) Started by throwing a Jig & Pig without the pig lol. Saw a SM come out and take it but missed him. Had another hit but b/c of being new to the jig waited to long and he dropped it. Then Finally i got my first Jig fish EVER, I felt a tap tap tap, set the hook saw him flash and got him in. It was a 6-7incg Rock bass lol, talk about a pig. Then i Backlashed very badly (lure got caught on a bush behind me :eek: ) Thew a Texas rigged tube the rest of the time. ended up with 2 Rock bass 1sm and a 9-10inch Spot. My dad got 3 Rock bass 3 SM. All Sm were at least 15inches but one and it was 12. We had plenty more bites and missed allot of fish, they had to be short striking. Line would go sideways, set the hook, nothing their but a mangled tube.
    Not a bad day. Did not bother taking pics.

2. FLT_TUBE_JNKY

FLT_TUBE_JNKY Uber Tuber

I was out today on the scioto and also noticed alot of the short strikes as well, had to be quick.lol

3. Bassnpro1

Bassnpro1 OSU outdoorsman

4. Where do you guys wade on the Scioto? I finally brought my waders down and was looking to do some wading...

5. Bubba bass bigfoot

I was not Wading the Sci, I was at the Walnut. I'm nost sure of where to go on the Sci, im a Big Darby wader mainly.

6. cool bubba, what happened to ur Mich. sign next to ur indians sign?

7. Now you will be forever hooked on the jig!

8. Bubba bass bigfoot

Thats been gone for awhile. I got a PM from one of the Mods saying i could only have one pic, and b/c it was baseball season i stuck with the Tribe.

I will toss the jog allot more now that i have a better feel for it.