close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Wacky Worm

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by Reel Lady, Mar 1, 2005.

1. Reel Lady

Reel Lady Dreams DO come true!

I just bought a bag of 100 of these from Ebay. I thought they were so interesting.. You can remove 1 or both of the "wings" to fish it Texas rigged as well as Wacky Style (with wings)... Anyone ever use these? Any success?
    [​IMG]

2. ohh man ...
    I used them in S.E.Ohio fishing ponds that were hit pretty hard and the only way to get these fish was to finesse them... I would use these hooked right down the middle and fish them like a plastic worm except I would let them float down keep as tight a line as I could... Then lift the rod tip and do it all over again the hits were just pick ups but the hook-set would always reveal a good fish :D
    hmnmn same color too if that is black...

3. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

never tried one, but the look good for bass, almost identical to a senko, except with the wings.

4. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

i guess the notch in the middle of the bait is to keep the o-ring from sliding around while wacky rigging it??? is it salt loaded?? senko have salt thruout the bait..i know, i chew on it to see.. :D

5. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

you chew on em too? i do it during the summer to keep my salt levels up, keeps me much more aware it seems like.

6. crappielooker

doood..you're sick.. i chew on them to see if salt was in the bait or not.. i didn't do that to get my nutritions.. :D
    sorry reel lady for diverting the thread.. i do think that this bait will work well..just because its different..

7. AndroDoug

AndroDoug Duke of Bucketmouth

What are those called, who makes them, and where can I get them? I looked on ebay and didn't see them. I like how they look and would love to try them.

8. Reel Lady

Well.... I did it... I licked the worm :eek: :D and yes... it was salty :D
    Also, I guess the additional plastic in the center of the worm gives it additional strength for Wacky Rigging it.
    Here is the actual description from Ebay..

"AWESOME STYLE OF BAIT. HAS THE BODY OF A SENKO WITH WINGS AT EACH END AND LARGER EGG SACK FOR WACKY RIGS. PULL 1 OR BOTH WINGS OFF AND USE LIKE A SENKO. COLOR IS DARK GREEN PUMPKIN WITH PURPLE FLAKE."

The sellers name is "bigobassin" and has a 100% positive feedback with 409 transactions.
    Gosh, I sure can't wait to use these Wacky things!

9. crappielooker

it maybe salty from the salt they use outside to keep the bait from sticking to eachothers.. when you cut a piece of the end or something, just chew it and see if you can feel the grains of salt.. i can definitely tell there are salt in senkos..
    people always look at me weird when i goto checkout their baits.. especially all those senkos imitators.. :D because i'll ask them first then chew'em right in front of them..

10. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

you know thats how you get your salt for food CL!

11. AndroDoug

Yeah, it's important for any salty trick stick to have the salt IMPREGNATED. The salt on the outside is just bogus! Doesn't do a dam thing. As soon as hits the water, it is no longer salty.

Marcia, thanks for the info so far... but can you do one more little eeny weeny (NPI) favor for me? Can you chew on the worm? :p

No, seriously. Can you find out some way if the salt is INSIDE the worm? I think I will get ahold of that guy if it is, and buy some too!

thanks!

12. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

I've never seen these. I would love to see the action on one of those. I use the Bass Pro version and have had awesome success. I try my new baits in the bath tub. My wife thinks I'm crazy, but I fill it up and see what they do.

13. Reel Lady

Okay.. I'm as crazy as you guys are...Here's proof... :D
    [​IMG]
    And to answer your question...
    YES...Salty on the outside.. and even saltier on the inside! Mystery solved... :D

14. now thats funny stuff !!!!

15. AndroDoug

I'll tell you what Marcia.. you are a piece of work! Thanks for the info though!

16. Time to take the meds I think! ;)

17. crappielooker

the person crazier than her are those who suggest the act..and the person who shoot the pictures.. :p :D
    and she's just a sucker that bit the worm..literally.. hehe.. just kiddin marcia.. :p

18. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

just seein that picture had me gettin the senkos out for a quick snack

19. I hope you used a barbless hook :eek:

20. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

haha that made my day