close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Wabash River in Indiana????

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Catslammer, Mar 13, 2005.

1. First of all, hello from down south! :D

Are there any NE Indiana folks here?

Or, has anyone ever fished the Wabash river through Adams or Wells County? I'm originally from up that way, and may give it a shot for some smallmouth this year. I grew up catching catfish in it (adams county), but never tried for anything else. Thanks for the help.

Catslammer Out.

2. You better stick to cats in the Wabash. Not many smallmouth in that area.

3. Bassy

Bassy Bass the other white meat

catslammer, you just dug up some memories for me, when I was a kid I used to fish the wabash river for cats. My aunt and uncle lives in Logansport and used to go to a campground right on the wabash, I would wade out using my uncles surf rod with a big orange bobber and let it go down the river, when a cat got on, the bobber would stand up then disapear, reel in the slack, set the hook and hang on brother :eek: That was the best catfishing I ever done. My uncle would take me in the country, we would collect catalpa worms and use them for bait. best catfish bait I ever used as well. I also would fish the Eel river, there house was right on the bank in Logansport. got some nice cats there also.
    I sure do miss riverfishing for cats that way.
    Take care,
    Bassy

4. Bassy,

Your're right about the river. It's big on that side of Indiana. I remember my first trip to Purdue and seeing the river. I couldn't believe how big it was. On the east side of IN it is an oversized creek. Parts of it aren't more than 100' across. I grew up fishing that river also. I to have alot of fond memories from many nights down by the river with my buddies. :)

Catslammer out.