close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

W32.Netsky.P@mm virus

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by hardwaterfan, Aug 9, 2004.

1. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

Anybody else been getting this worm lately? I rarely get any viral emails, but Ive gotten 6 of these in the last 24-48 hours.

Last time something like this happened, a freind of mine was infected with a klez virus.

I wonder if I should email all my friends about it. This is a spoofing virus.

Norton Anti Virus is nailing them like clay pigeons, fortunately.

2. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

We got hit with that HARD on our network a few months back. Took more than just SAV/NAV to remove it. You'll prolly need the removal tool off www.symantec.com to get rid of it if you get infected. Hopefully your SAV will prevent it from getting to that point. It's a nasty one, and is real noticable when your computer slows WAY down.

3. yeah we had that one in addition to a couple others hitting us pretty regularly. Running Symantec antivirus wasn't enough to keep it out completely so I had to take another route to help keep them out. I set up a Win2K server running as a SMTP gateway and installed 2 addon products to it from GFI called mail essentials and mail security that filter spam and scan or block attacchments based on virus scans and extension. It uses like 4 AV scanning engines (Mcafee, Norman, bitdefender and kaspersky). So far it seems to do a pretty decent job, but I still get pounded with both spam and email borne threats like viruses and triojans, but atleast they are handled at the gateway level and symantec AV at my mail server can focus on internal mail items. I had 2800 virus and spam notifications in my inbox this morning from over the weekend :eek:

Barry