W.b. Docks

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by CRAPPIE LOVER, Apr 2, 2008.

1. ...Has anyone got an idea as to when they will be putting the docks in at the East Ramp...at West Branch....
    :F ...GOOD FISHING GUYS

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  2. Alwsfishin

Alwsfishin '73 24' Stamas

3. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

4. ...Lewzer.. Good question I wonder the same thing...Last month the talk was as soon as the ice was gone....Well the ice is gone....Read last years time frame on the docks...Said mid April because the water was so low...It's not low this year.....
    :F ...GOOD FISHING GUY

5. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

Ain't that the truth. Last year today it was 80F outside too!!!!!

Got the snow tires off yesterday, fluids changed, sand out of the bed bearings and ball joints all greased up and I have the crappie bug bad. I'm taking a 1/2 day vacation and will on West Branch by 2:00-3:00 today.
    I just bring my waders to launch/load the boat till the docks are in.
    Say hi if you are around on the lake.

6. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

Caught a couple crappie yesterday. Nothing back in the bays shallow. A lot of marks in 12-15 fow. Minnows and slipbobber. Nothing on Roadrunners or Beetlespins or minitubes.
    They were tight to the wood, really tight. Threw them back when I left as I didn't have enough for a samwich.
    Try again this weekend.

7. ....Glad to hear you got out Lewzer....I feel next week they will be moving back in the bays....Dicky says we will have 60+ temps..all next week....Should warm the bays up for them to move in....I'm like you if I don't catch enough for a good samwich I don't keep them either..Like I said glad to hear you got out....
    :F GOOD FISHING GUY

8. Hi all. i am new to OGF. i will be out at wb tomorrow. what part of the lake is the east end? where can you fish for bass?

9. Fish2day

Fish2day member

Welcome to OGF, Fball.
    The lake east of Rock Spring Rd is considered the east end. Good luck out there, keep us posted.

10. ....fball what direction will you be coming into West Branch...to hit Rock Springs Road.....
    :C ...GOOD FISHING GUY

11. from the west branch bait shop, I am new to the area.

12. ... fball Fisherman... If I were you I would take Knapp Road ..it is within eyesight of West Branch Bait Shop...Go to the end which is Route 5...Turn Right on Route 5....Go down the 5 maybe 3 or 4 miles going east.. You will come upon Rock Springs Road to the Right...When you come upon the lake...What I call the West side will be on your Right...There are two ramps ...The primative one is on the Right before you cross Rock Springs Bridge....from there up the Road about a mile is the entrance to the Park on the Left ...you will find the ramps back in there....As of right now they are not in yet...Say Mid April they will have them in...I have a 16 ft. Tracker and have to back out too far at the primative ...so I don't use it
    ..:C ...GOOD FISHING GUY

13. The east side will be on your left if you are driving south on Rock Spring. I refer to that as the central part. To me the east end is from the beach to the dam. There is another ramp off Gilbert Rd. that is further east if that is where you want to go.

14. mrphish42

mrphish42 locators dont lie

MadMac........Your right on the money.......if you come down RSR(from route 5) to the south.....when you get to the lake.......everything to the right.....is to the WEST of the bridge..... the state ramps are to the east of RSR... The dam and marina and beach areas are all to the east.........Unless my compass got broke..............

15. sounds great thank you all for the responses. i will see you guys out there. i will be in the brown 12ft john boat.

16. ...Your are right MadMac ..I typed in the wrong side .should have been west not east...We are all and I mean all subject to a mistake...
    :C ...GOOD FISHING GUY

17. mrphish42

mrphish42 locators dont lie

fball fisherman........When I saw your reply on your boat size.......thought I'd better recommend that you either use the Knapp Rd. ramp or the gravel ramp at Rock Spring Road.....When you start fishing there, you'll see why you should stay to the west of Rock Spring bridge........as it has less boat traffic and is a complete NO WAKE ZONE.......I've spent enough years in a 12ft johnboat.......to know just how unstable they can be, in a heavy boat wake chop.......which you will be in for, on the main part of this lake....If not tomorrow very soon......Can be very dangerous .........so use your own sence of safety rules...... Just dont want you to feel let down...... Good luck and good fishin......Jon Sr.

18. ...fball fishherman...!!!mrphish42!!! ...has a good point all or most all little boats put in at the gravel ramp ... by the Bridge at Rock Springs Road...
    :p ...GOOD FISHING GUYS

19. thank you, i will keep all of this in mind. hope to see some of you out there. if you see me in the brown boat say hello.

20. Please let this post die, I keep thinking the docks are in!!!! LOL.