Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anyone got a good guess as to when they pull the Docks at West Branch..Last year I thought it was the last of Oct. ...JIM....:confused:P.S. I don't remember WB being dropped this much this early ,, is there a drop off point at the ramps...

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
The last day I fished there last year , was November 29th, the docks were still in. I talked to the guy that is involved in pulling them, it all depends on the help they have when they pull them. He said they lost their Summer help early the last couple years, and they had to wait until he came back after deer season to pull them. That is what he told me.
John

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank You luredaddy I knew it was late last year ...Didn't think it was that late....Last year I didn't get down there after the first of Nov...Hope it is that way this year.....JIM.....

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Why do they pull them?

At first I thought it was so they wouldn't freeze, but they are just pulled into the bay, so that can't be it....

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You are right I wondered the same thing...They put them in the bay maybe the bay does'nt freeze up...I am sure they have a reason for there ways of doing things . We have to remember they are smarter than we are.....JIM...:D...:confused:...

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
If they were left anchored at the ramps the ice moving would bend/shear off the poles. It would also cause possible problems with the flotation.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
They donot pull them at Mosquito, they seem to survive. What is amazing to me , is the number of Zebra Mussels on the WB docks when they are pulled.
John

·
Registered
13,787 Posts
I don't think they lower Mosquito like they do WB... Not sure if that has anything to do with anything, just a possible factor?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts