Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, this thread may get moved but I thought I would try here first. I am from Batavia area and am heading to Indian Lake in a few weeks. Wondering if there is anyone from the area who may know this lake a little and could give advice, what species are best to fish for, etc. I do a lot of small river fishing, largemouth fishing, and big cat fishing....just wanted to know what would be the best thing to try. I will have boat access as well which is usually never in the cards for me. Any help is always greatly appreciated. Tight lines all. Nick

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
May be more than 1 Indian Lake as well....this one I believe is off 75 about 40 minutes north of dayton if that helps. Thanks again.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Try the Central Ohio forum and also check out indianlake.com. There are bass, saugeye, catfish, crappie and bluegill in abundance. This has been a relatively slow year for saugeye but the cats are biting everywhere. I don't fish for bass but there are some nice ones in there although a lot of tournaments keep the pressure on them. It's a nice lake to fish, enjoy.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
If you have a boat, try drifting for cats, especially at night. they are really biting right now. The usual baits, cut shad, worms liver.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Try trolling the south bank for saugeyes, also in front of oldfield beach is good for saugeyes as well as cats. This lake is very shallow with just a few spots around 13 feet. I believe it has an average depth of about 6 feet. THe old game reserve has a bunch of channels and is a nice place to fish for bluegills and crappie. Good Luck and let us know how you do.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you to all that posted....any help and info is greatly appreciated by you folks. Yeah I heard the lake was not too deep....I am use to fishing East Fork and it's River, farm ponds, small lakes, LMR, etc....so I know this will be a challenge, but I hope to manage a few fish. I'll let you know the results. Thanks again for your knowledge. Love this site.
Nick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts