close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

viruses

Discussion in 'Computing & Gaming Discussions' started by JIG, Mar 4, 2005.

1. We just give our computer a tune-up after finding out there were 100 diff bugs that slowed it down to a crawl! :eek: After thre hours on the phone and 100 bucks later, We purchased STOP-ZILLA and NORTON SYSTEMSWORKS. What a difference! BUG BE GONE! :D :D ;)

2. Everyone should have a firewall, virus protection and adware protection along with a popup blocker or prepare to pay the piper at some point

3. eagleclaw

eagleclaw Banned

my anti virus program is avg it's the best

4. yup. gotta protect yourself.

5. Friends send me all sorts of humorous emails etc with links, and I rarely click on them for fear of picking up something.

Here at OGF I click on links all the time.

I assume the mods check things out regularly but now I wonder if something could slip past them ?

6. here is a great ad remover. I have the professional version, but the personal works just as well. run this about once a week and your computer should do just fine.

www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/

7. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

8. I 2nd the spybot search and destroy. I run adware then spybot. Once those have finish with Nortin. Ive configured them to run updates daily for the spyware, and the norton updates for virus definitions. The norton program tells me when traffic is coming or going and allows me to stop as soon as they try. Plus have a router because they have built in firewalls.

9. AVG is the best anti-virus soft and it is for free. It does not seem to slow down your comp like the comercial feature packed security packages do.

10. littleking

littleking Crossing Lines LIKE A PRO

i run norton corporate and have never had a virus

11. littleking

littleking Crossing Lines LIKE A PRO

not to mention no spyware since i have been long using mozilla/firefox

12. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Since I have installled and now use Mozilla firefox as my browser my spyware problems have vanished..I think most spyware-adware use the active x controls of Internet Explore to inter your computer..Firefox does not run on active x.