close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

virus??

Discussion in 'Computing & Gaming Discussions' started by johnboy111711, Feb 10, 2005.

1. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

i got a virus and it won't allow me to sign on aol. the sign in scrn pops up then freezes. does any one know of a way to restore my system, the system restore won't take me back to a period in which my comp was working. I am thinging of running the comp in safe mode, running antivirus, spyware, ect. and then trying again...or should i just try deleting files that have shown up? I also recieved a nasty search bar on the bottom of my scrn. I don't see the file in the program list and was wondering how to get rid of it???

2. Download Microsofts Beta version of Spyware. After you install it run the update now. Run the full scan. After the scan has completed, it will ask if you want to correct your IE browser. Select yes and you should be good. Good luck

3. You are right as well that you can run the ad-aware, etc. in the safe mode. Many of the items load in memory and repicate themselves back to the systemtherefore making them difficult to eradicate at times.

As Lark said the first key is to identify the culprit and hopefully someone here can supply you with cleaning instructions.

4. This is what helped me sort thru some issues i was having.Great site and very helpful.
    Fishman i still got a beer or 2 with you name on it lol

01-17-2005, 11:56 PM #3
    Fishman
    I am the Fishman

Trader Rating: (0)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the most fool proof way to solve a problem you can't fix on your computer:

Download a program called Hi-Jack this. Here is the link to the most current version to my knowledge:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/files/hijackthis.php

Okay after you have that installed, close any windows you know are legitment. Run Hi-jack this and save the logs.

Next copy and paste the logs on this website:
    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum22.html

You're going to need to make a user name, it only takes a second and it will be well worth you're time.

Okay post a thread in that specific forum. Its for Hi-Jack this logs. Someone will repond generally within that very same day.

Follow their instrictions to the T. You may want to print out their instructions as you may be in safe mode from time to time.

Also remember not to trust anyone on the internet when dealing with Hi-Jack this logs. It's very possible for someone to give you bad information and totally mess up your system. If the person is a member of the "HJT Team" you're in good hands.

Here, for example is my post on their forums and they fixed me right up

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/for...=ST&f=22&t=6326

Good luck!

5. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

well my comp is still off line, i hope to fix it tonight.

6. John is that a-town austintown or akron town. If austintown I am close enough to help you with your problem.

7. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

i'm in akron, still working on this virus, man is it nasty.