Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 Stratos 486 FS
13,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A new variation of the W32/[email protected] virus has hit the internet, and is particularly nasty.

Here's a copy of the heads up I just got (and this is verified, not a hoax)

All,
I received a couple emails in my Message Screen mailbox this morning that contained this virus. The subject line says something like: Worm Detected! or Trojan Detected!. One of these came from a Rhode Island State goverment mail address. I looked inside, and there is a .gif file embedded, along with a .zip file attached. One of them was patch-xxxxx.zip, and the other was hotfix-xxxxx.zip. This virus is a spamming application that harvests emails from your local machine, and is controlled by a remote P2P connection. Bad stuff. Anyway, I wanted to make sure that none of us fell for it!

·
Defensor Fortis
4,379 Posts
Man, I just checked my bulk mail folder on my SBC account and it was there labeled Trojan detected. As always, I delete all the mail in my bulk mail folder. Thanks. :mad:

·
useless poster
8,806 Posts
got that one this am too.said spyware detected. it was in my spam folderand i deleted it as always. got an email from a friend the other day and it was flagged as a virus was foun,deleted that too.i usually delete anything from sources i do not recognize.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts