close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Vintage Lowrance transducer

Discussion in 'OGF Marketplace' started by yonderfishin, Dec 4, 2008.

1. The old Lowrance lfp-250 fish locator I got on ebay isnt working , but the transducer and its cable are in pristine condition. I am not positive but I believe it would work with the older green box models as well. If anybody were interested in it I will sell it for $10 plus 5 for shipping. To get the unit also for parts or repair it would be just a couple more added to the shipping cost. Let me lnow if you are interested.

2. The unit itself just dosent seem to want to show anything but the surface at 0 at the top. The doohickey spins though there may be more vibration than there should be I know nothing about these things. I got it to beep and show a flash once but wont do it anymore. I tested it in water today at the reservoir and got no results. I dont know whats wrong with it but the transducer looks in really good condition , especially for its age and thought someone could use it, and I may be able to recoup part of the $23 I spent on it. I am working on putting a pic on here of the ducer.

3. Heres a photo of the transducer.

Attached Files:

4. c. j. stone

c. j. stone

0   0   0

I'll take it-PM sent!

5. I gave the unit one last try this time in deeper water and found out that it works, so I will be keeping it afterall.

6. thats good to hear, let us know how well u like it this season

7. c. j. stone

c. j. stone

0   0   0

That figures. I look for a transducer for years and finally find one and now it's not available anymore. Guess I shoulda tried ebay one more time. Just my luck....

8. sorry about that c.j. ...but in my search on ebay Ive seen many units and transducers going for really cheap , because of their age many get no bids and get relisted , etc. To find these older units I was searching everything I could come up with ,.... depth sounder , Lowrance green box, Lowrance vintage, portable fish finder , etc , and each try comes up with more of these old units...some of them dont even get bids and at the end of the auction just email the seller and make him an offer, many times they will take it rather than pay to relist the item and chance it not selling again. This would get you a transducer even if the unit itself didnt work.