Ohio Game Fishing banner

Vintage .30-30 .....need gunsmith.....

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  CFIden 
#1 ·
I recently was given my dads 1938 Winchester model 1894 .30-30. It has not been used since a misfire in 1941. I was always told DONT use that rifle . The reason it was not used (family secret) I figure from the stories I’ve heard, it was bumped or dropped while hunting and it had a load in the chamber , or firing pin problem. It is like new and I respect and cherish my fathers gun. I need a trusted gunsmith familiar with this model to go over it and get it in working order. Looking forward to take it to the range. I live in Pataskala and I am willing to travel to get the right guy. (almost afraid to leave it , waited 30 years to get it) HA. Any input on this model or gunsmith you trust give me a shout. Thanks, Cindy

See less See more
#3 ·
Cindy,,,, if you can't find anybody 'REPUTABLE' near Columbus,,,,, My friends & I, plus many sportsmen from 3 shooting clubs totally TRUST a machinist in Canfield Oh.

I will send you a PM, with his address & Email.
I suggest you email him your exact story & picture from above,,,, I'm SURE he will get back to you one way or another.
;>)

#5 ·
Cindy,,,, if you can't find anybody 'REPUTABLE' near Columbus,,,,, My friends & I, plus many sportsmen from 3 shooting clubs totally TRUST a machinist in Canfield Oh.

I will send you a PM, with his address & Email.
I suggest you email him your exact story & picture from above,,,, I'm SURE he will get back to you one way or another.
;>)
Sounds good, thanks. Never had PM , hope my settings are set for that. Is there a ‘how to’ on OGF for members. I have pretty much been winging it. THX

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.