close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Video of me catching my 2nd Redfish

Discussion in 'Fishing Reports - Out of State' started by TritonBill, Jan 22, 2005.

1. Just thought I'd share a couple videos with you of my buddy and I redfishing.

This was in December of 2004 fishing the intracoastal waterway on a falling tide off of Hilton Head Island, South Carolina.

These files are Windows Media files. If you have a fast internet connection it shouldn't take too long to download.

The first clip is about 8 meg and is of my buddy Ed catching mullet with his casting net which we use for bait.

http://www.gotomickeys.com/redfish/2004SCBait.wmv

The second clip is about 21 meg and is of me catching my second ever redfish. The fish put up a pretty good fight.

http://www.gotomickeys.com/redfish/redfish1.wmv

2. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Nice Red, and great vid!

3. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

That was really cool Bill. Thanks.

4. Reel Man

Reel Man Member

Awesome Bill. If only we had been along it would have been a perfect day ;)

5. UFM82

UFM82 The one others want to be

After going twice down in Louisiana, I find myself scheduled for yet another trip to the Big Easy for a weekend of redfishing. Mind you, this sickness has obliterated my annual bass pilgrimmage to Michigan. After scoring a true "bull" red on both of my previous trips, (a "bull" is anything over 27") I now have my sights set on a beast- 25 lbs or better. The fight is incredible and they will hit a lot of different baits.

I have never fished them from the bank before. That must be different. That looked like a pretty decent sized red- did you get her on a scale? Length measurement?

If you ever catch a redfish, you may not ever go back to bass fishing. It just doesn't compare on the same level.

Oh, on second thought- never mind. I still love to bass fish. LOL

UFM82

Nice red Bill.

6. This redfish was right around 24" and guestimated at 6lbs or so.... My buddy has a great spot that takes about 20 minutes walking on outgoing tide to get there. When the tide is up you can't get there! It's a great spot and gives us the ability to fish a creek that comes out into the intracoastal waterway. The fish feed on the flat where I caught that fish as well as in the creek. He doesn't have a boat down there and this spot gives up a good many fish up to 30" so far. The bigger reds around the area are out in deeper water supposedly near some shipwrecks.

7. Bassnpro1

Bassnpro1 OSU outdoorsman

sweet video! Thanks for sharing!

8. That was cool... THANKS for the look !!

9. That is a cool video and brings back many memories of the few beach vacations that I have been on. I have never been fortunate enough to catch any fish of size nor any reds but I would love to hit the beach when they were around. Someday I will make it.;)