close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Video Archery

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by Gobi Muncher, Aug 23, 2007.

1. Gobi Muncher

Gobi Muncher mmmm.....tasty!

I have a couple of friends that want me to go to a video archery range and shoot. From what I have heard they are a blast and even though you stand at 20 yds. they seem to feel it is also worth the practice factor. Haven't tried one yet, but they are hooked. Just checking to see if they have any of these facilities close to Cols. The one we are going to go to is in Troy and if I like it as much as I think I will, it would be nice to find one a little closer to home.
    Thanks!!!!

2. BigChessie

BigChessie BIG PIMPIN' "GIGELO"

Used to be one in Lancaster, but when it broke they said it cost to much to fix. If you run across one that is closer, Please let me know. It is an awesome time and a great pre-season warm up.

3. There is a small shop between I-71 and Delaware on us 36/37 west of the freeway. I think it is called delaware sports. His number is in the DNR book as a check in station. call ahead before you go to make sure that he does not have a league going on during the time you want to go. I love doing it. Being able to see the different angles and animals you have to look at. Real practice although only at 20 yards it is a great time.

4. Haven't been to an archery one, but while in Germany, the owner of the company I work for took me to one to shoot rifles. It was pretty awesome, just like shooting your gun at a huge theatre screen with live ammunition. Then your shot shows up on a computer that scores you.

It's almost like playing a hunting video game with a real gun

5. Gobi Muncher

Thanks all!! I'm not going to be able to make it with them tonight (in Troy), but may try the Delaware Sports later this week. If I remember correctly, isn't that the place that hunters could qualify to hunt areas of Alum that were usually no hunting zones?

6. does anyone know if there are in near cincy.

7. Gobi Muncher

Went to the one in Troy last Thurs. It was a BLAST!!! Definitely will go again. Only thing I would give it a negative for was the shot placement. I didn't think that all the shots that the game wanted you to go for were necessarily the best shot on a live animal. Other than that, it is definitely worth going to. There were 3 of us and it was $10 per person and we each shot 60 times in that hour. You can't piddle around when you retrieve your arrows, but you're there to shoot not talk about each shot.
    Sometimes the same video plays more than once during each "session" (5 arrow sessions), but depending on what the guy before you did will possibly help out.
    We did the North American Big Game disc, next time I think that we are going to try the African Safari!!!
    Go try it, I think you'll like it!!!!!