close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Vibee?

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by carxman17, Oct 20, 2007.

1. carxman17

carxman17 cincinnati fishaholic

ok guys I read about all you guys using vibees to catch eyes & carppie. I am from down here in southern ohio and until I got on this sight I never heard of them. I have looked at bps but cant seem to find them. could someone please post a pic. so I can see what they look like???? thank you!!!!!!

2. Grumpy

Grumpy Certified Old Geezer

BPS has a lure they call the XPS Lazer Blade. It's close enough to the vibe to call it the same thing.

3. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

NorthSouthOhioFisherman The Young Outdoorsman

wat about reef runners cicada is it good too?

4. Grumpy

Grumpy Certified Old Geezer

In my opinion, the Cicada would be just as good. The Cicada comes in more weights than the BPS Lazer Blade. The key with any of these baits is to insure that you are working them in the "fish zone".

5. Dave's Baits has "Lil' Nitro Blade baits on sale. They work pretty good too!

6. I asked the same thing in Tackle Talk, and got the same great response. You all are eager to help anyone that has a question. Thanks:) :F

7. Try Jannsnetcraft.com, they have them. The Vibe is just a blade bait that looks like a Sonar, they work to, havent tried the BPS Blade Bait.

8. BlueBoat98

BlueBoat98 Where's Waldo?

Gander Mountain always has a bunch of them and I believe I've seen them at Dick's also. The bait stores at Indian Lake are usually full of them although they sell so many that they are sometimes out of specific sizes/colors.

See you out there.

MC

9. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

NorthSouthOhioFisherman The Young Outdoorsman

10. BlueBoat98

BlueBoat98 Where's Waldo?

I've tried them a few times in the fall. I've never caught a Walleye on one on C.J. but they are Hell on White Bass.

MC

11. fishintechnician

fishintechnician Amateur legend

what colors/sizes work best? i've been hearing alot of you guys talk about them, literally catching everything on them. i've been wanting to give them a shot.

12. I've Been Trying Them Off And On This Year. Just This Past Weekend I Was On Sciotawe Caught Around 4o Smallies, And About 30 Crappie, I Kept Trying The Vibee Throughout The Day, Nothing On It. I Still Have Yet To Catch The 1st Fish On It. Crappie Came On Leadhead And Twister, Smallies Came On Topwater And Soft Plastics.

13. i havent done well witha vibee or cicada in the scioto and ahd some success with them at oshay... but i have done alot better with them in the bigger reservoirs alum and hoover...i nailed alot of crappie at alum with a vibee. btw..nitro congrats on that huge crappie i heard you got..any pics?????

14. Columbusslim31

Columbusslim31 Student of Finjitsu

I used a vibee two weeks ago and I caught probably the smallest sunfish I've ever caught. I used a 1/8 oz blue/chrome vibee. Was the only thing I caught on it. I can't say I totally vouch for the vibee but, I used three other lures that day and the vibee was the only thing that produced.

I recently discovered Old Dutchman carries vibee's. They don't carry 3/16th oz though. However, they do sell 1/8th and I didn't see 1/8th at Gander or R&R.

15. I find that I have better luck on them when the water cools down in lakes like Salt Fork. After the lake turns over it can be awsome on the larger white bass and saugeyes.I have caught well over 100 whites on it in a days fishing. The saugeyes love them after the turnover also.

16. Gander-Hilliard had a good selection of 1/8 & 3/16 last week before I reduced their inventory...lol

When casting a vibe-e into shallow water you'll want to go as small as conditions will allow. Even the 1/8 is very snaggy if you're not careful. Trust me, I know :rolleyes:.

17. Columbusslim31

Columbusslim31 Student of Finjitsu

I know too. Not too long after I caught the sunfish, I lost the vibee. :( Probably the fourth one I've lost since I started using them.

18. seethe303

seethe303 Senior Executive Member

I have managed to snag the 1 Vibee I have (thanks Marshall) no less than 5 times and I have managed to get it back every single time. maybe we were meant to be? lol