Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one been using these baits lately? If so what colors have been working for you? thank you in advance for the updates.

·
Premium Member
10,881 Posts
I tried Vib-e's a few times this past weekend of various sizes and colors and just couldn't get much going on them as compared to the hair jigs.

I'm sure I'll try them again this week, especially when I get out and fish a little deeper water.

·
Registered
5,914 Posts
silver , drop to the bottom ,jig it up then real slow drop back down ,if you feel anything on the line set the hook .I only lift up about a foot ,

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Gold on one pole, Green & yellow other. Alternate up/down wrkd 4 me. Bout every 5th time go about 4' up. Check for zebras or line twists if vibration changes.

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
glow getter, you dont like.jigs anymore???

colors very my man.. every day is different and each day these fish want something different.. best thing to do is try it all until YOU find a pattern, when you finally get out there.. there is no magic color or bait or lure.. they all work in certain situations.. and to get into these detail read Jim Stedke's on line seminar

.. one just has to try to see... its called fishin... and that's the fun part when you finally figure them out and start landing fish!

good luck... and have fun!

Frank

·
Registered
338 Posts
thanks 4 the imfo bountyhunter & reel .thats what i like about this site .
i didnt get to use any vib's last weekend going to try it this weekend.

jim:F

·
Premium Member
4,068 Posts
I threw a vibee around for awhile last weekend, seemed to have better success with it casting it out letting it sink and hopping it back to the boat. It didn't produce as well as the jigs though.

·
wishin i was fishin
380 Posts
I seem to do better using Vib-E's when they are more verticle. When the drift was fast, i had to keep throwing them more out into the drift and rip them back. Firetiger was the hot color last time.

Jigs did catch more fish, but i enjoy fishing Vib-E's more. Kinda like icefishing off the bow of my Lund! The biggest fish came trolling the reefrunners...

tight lines, smooth seas~~~~

1 - 10 of 10 Posts