Vexilar F8-SE

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by fear_no_fish, Jan 3, 2009.

1. Hello everyone,

Waiting on safe ice , just purchased a new Vexilar F8-SE , just wandering if any of you fellow fishermen have used this model ? Looking for feedback and any tips , cannot wait to use this sonar ?

Keep fishin, :B :B

2. ParmaBass

ParmaBass Kiss The Converse

You'll love it! Very easy to use and makes ice fishing SO MUCH MORE ENJOYABLE and PRODUCTIVE!!!

3. I've had that model for about 3 years and love it. My best suggestion is to keep the sensitvity as low as possible. I fish shallow water and bought a signal reducer cable for my unit. It knocks the signal down about 10 db. I fish and its about average 3-4' deep. Did you get a CD with it, if not go toVexilar.com and watch the videos on how to use your vex.

4. That is the same unit i have and Love it. I like using the eye-bolt with mine, the float takes up to much room in the ice hole, and the float tends to move around the hole, if you fish outside on a windy day. Just folllow the tips allready posted, and make sure you recharge after every use. And use mine for open water fishing, during the warmer months to.
    You'll Love it.