close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Vex trouble

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by sliderville, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Hi all,
    Need some help with a problem with my FL-18 ultra dual beam. Any ideas on where to have one looked at would be great. It is 4 yrs old and has been used a total of a half an hour. TIA

2. I'd contact Vexilar and see if they can help you or at least send you in the right direction.

I hope you can get it fixed!:)

3. Thanks Carl. I did that. I am waiting for an answer.lol.

4. let me guess its making a whirring noise and flashes different collors all over the place! Darn peices of junk, mine does that too! :)

5. seriously though i would cry if my vex didn't work. wish I could help you out.

6. Support 1-952-884-5291

Office Hours are 8am and 4:30pm
    Central Time

Tom...;)

7. Slider, if you need a loaner shoot me a pm. I still have the soft case I got from you, with my backup fl-8 inside.

Scott

8. bassmastermjb

bassmastermjb The Lucky One

Slider, you never mentioned what was wrong with your Vex.I mess around with them some and most of the time it's a simple fix.Start by taking the bottom cover off the encases the battery.Many times I've seen one of the power wires come loose from the battery.The unit will still turn on but not function properly in some instances, especially if the loose power wire is anywhere near the battery terminal............Mark

PS.......Make sure the lower unit is in the ON position when charging, otherwise it won't charge

9. Thanks everyone for your help. I have a new 20 Scott, but thank you for the offer.