Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Retired
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son was in the U.S.M.C. for five years and got out in November of last year.

Unknowing to me, his uncle took him to a used car guy who basically screwed him by selling him a car with a bad transmission, a blocked up exhaust with no catalytic convertor, had black tape over the check engine light and the list goes on and on. It was a Chevy Trailblazer which he paid $6000.00 for, put another $3,000 in the transmission and another $700.00 in other assorted items. He didn't get the title until after the statute of limitation ran out, so there was no re-course.

So, I'm looking for a Veteran Friendly Car Dealership in northeast Ohio. Preferably Lake, Geauga or Cuyahoga County to trade this in and get this kid a car that will work.

I'm so pissed at how some people treat our service people, especially those that have served overseas in Afghanistan like my son did.

Sometimes, you wish that you could get a gun and just..... Well, you know.

·
Registered
16,661 Posts
My son was in the U.S.M.C. for five years and got out in November of last year.

Unknowing to me, his uncle took him to a used car guy who basically screwed him by selling him a car with a bad transmission, a blocked up exhaust with no catalytic convertor, had black tape over the check engine light and the list goes on and on. It was a Chevy Trailblazer which he paid $6000.00 for, put another $3,000 in the transmission and another $700.00 in other assorted items. He didn't get the title until after the statute of limitation ran out, so there was no re-course.

So, I'm looking for a Veteran Friendly Car Dealership in northeast Ohio. Preferably Lake, Geauga or Cuyahoga County to trade this in and get this kid a car that will work.

I'm so pissed at how some people treat our service people, especially those that have served overseas in Afghanistan like my son did.

Sometimes, you wish that you could get a gun and just..... Well, you know.
I'm sure that car dealer treats non-veterans that way also. I'd go see Shaun Woolard at Junction Auto. He is a straight shooter.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Never, Never, Never buy a used car without taking it to a trusted mechanic to have it gone over. It'll cost about a hundred bucks. And just because you go to a known straight shooter doesn't mean he knows the true condition of a car.

·
Set The Hook`
4,214 Posts
We sponsor the site, have veterans who work for us and are known for taking care of the customer. We are an hours drive from Cleveland. Let me know how I can help. I lost my cousin to a road side Bomb while he stepped in for his buddy and did his tour that day when he was supposed to be off. Tell your son thanks for serving our country. Some guys may be pricks and karma will come around on them soon.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Registered
762 Posts
Always ALWAYS have a used car checked out by a mechanic you trust. If they refuse to allow you to have it checked out then find another car somewhere else.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts