close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

very unique lure.....priced right

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by Alwsfishin, Mar 20, 2005.

1. smallieguy

smallieguy Smallmouth Please

That make it onto ESPN's ''most unique lures'' list.

2. bones

bones blah-blah-blah

did you see the batman lure?
    do you have 7 inch powerbait pulse worms up there at falls ive been looking for them and can only fined the 3 inch?thanks

3. So was that thing designed to be a "minnow cage"? Like you put a live or frozen minnow in the tube? Strange.

At first I thought the thing was a glass marital aid with hooks :eek: .

Steve

4. smallieguy

smallieguy Smallmouth Please

Sorry Bones no 7'' but you can order them and have them
    in about a week. Or try Gander Mountain in N. Canton they
    have alot of powerbait. :)

5. bones

bones blah-blah-blah

i think im going to order them.i live in columbus gander mt. here does not have them and cant get them.canton is a little drive just for some plastic.any ideas where i can order them?thanks again :D

6. Reel Lady

Reel Lady Dreams DO come true!

I don't know about that.... 456.00 and 3 hours to go. Seller has something going on with his Address that just seems a bit odd to me. Read the Ebay ad carefully. Also... he will accept only Money Orders or Cashiers Checks. Again, this makes me suspicious. Without purchasing through Pay Pal or Credit Card, the buyer will have absolutely no protection against a fraudulant transaction.
    It is a pretty interesting looking lure though.

7. Speaking of unique, did anyone read the article in the current Field & Stream where you take a bear bottle cap, fold it in half, put a snap swivel on one end and a treble hook with split ring on the other?

8. FINMAN

FINMAN Old Junior Member

Thanks for sharing that one. It's definately designed to hold a live minnow. I had a later plastic version of the same type of rig. It even came with a little paper cut-out of a minnow in it. :rolleyes:
    If I was in the market for one of these, I'd buy from this seller, Reel Lady. Seller worked hard for that high feedback rating, & he's probably a member of the NFLCC. Also, seller may not be set up to take plastic; and paypal may not cost a buyer anything to use, but costs the seller plenty on a big deal like that. If any buyer of a high end item (500 bucks or more) is still leary, they can also use Escrow service. Ebay's a lot of fun, but you can be taken if you're not careful.

9. I have never had any trouble with Ebay and don't know anyone who has...
    You can and do get ripped off daily from the local market/store...
    You get what you pay for on Ebay and can at times expect more then you really are getting... If it sounds too good to br true then it most likely is ;)
    How many times do you check your sales slip and see you were not given the sales price on items?
    I have used Ebay many times and can say I am very happy with it... :D
    I've had a couple very good deals on here too [​IMG]
    Some lure collector will be very happy with that purchase...

10. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

The seller has 457 feedbacks. Many won't take paypal because they take a few percentages of the profit, so all of the sudden you give them $14.00 and ebay $14.00 to sell an item. Paypal also says they have buyer & seller protection, it's bull. You are still on your own, when something goes wrong, they have you jumping thru hoops & using ebays policies up 1st. I've seen where sellers will post why they won't accept paypal anymore. Main thing is to check the seller's feedbacks.

Cool lure, remember the musky lure that brought $13,000 a few years ago? I think it was a Heddon #300 or #500 in perch pattern.