Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The fish was not odd, the method was odd.

So I was trolling pleasant hill for white bass in open water. Actually caught more saugeye than white bass. Anyway......I make a close pass on a main lake point and my rod doubles like I snagged. So I begin trying to get the snag undone and it starts thumping and pulling. Game on!

Anyway I was sure I got a muskie so I start getting the net ready while fighting the fish. Well, when I see it I go crazy......its a big flathead. I was wondering why it didn't jump lol.

Long story short I got it all the way to the net and the line snapped right at my knot on the crank.

BTW, I've caught about 10 cats trolling cranks at phill for white bass.

No pic cause its swimming with a bomber in its mouth.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
I've been catching more and more flatties every year at indian :T.They're starting to take over.Even the small 4-5 pounders are a battle. Mossback Craw B04 catches a lot of the flatties. I've had 1 flattie that hit while I was doing 3 mph and reeling in the line fast to check for weed. That crank had to be going 4-5 mph!

I've caught channelcats by the 1000's over the years :T bombers and bandits. 3 mph and they still hit them,especially on the turns.They put up a battle on my saugeye trolling gear with bomber B02's and B04's. I feel for you on the loss of a bomber. Lately,the cats have been going ballistic on my discontinued charteuse craw B04's. At Indian,when the cats are hitting cranks,then the saugeye action picks up. They kinda go hand in hand this year where as you'll catch both or none.

My channelcat :T stats are on my sig. Unfortunantly,I threw back over 100 dinks this year with only 14 keepers as well as a subpar year on flatties. Way subpar year for the eyes as well in the :T department. WT 15 degrees colder than this time last year may be a factor!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.