Very cool and interesting day on the Rock

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by corndawg, Oct 11, 2008.

1. corndawg

corndawg Go Bulldogs!!!

My son Matt and I spent the afternoon on the middle part of the Rock fishing for smallmouth (steel real soon). Nothing huge but we caught our share on ultralights as we moved from hole to hole using tube jigs. Other than the enjoyment I got watching the boy catch fish there were two other things that happened that made the day very unusual. First off as we were wading the river we took a route that brought us next to the cliff walls that border the river. He then waded out to hit a hole he saw and I stayed back near the cliff wall to tie my shoes. Just then not 20 feet away a portion of the cliff came crashing down. Scared a good portion of my earlier trail lunch out of me. It was one of those never even thought about it until it happens things. Lesson learned, stay away from the shale cliffs. The other experience was very cool also took me by surprise. As we made our way down river I noticed a large bird down river gliding towards us and made a commit to my son about how big this hawk looked. As it went over us Matt stated what I couldn’t believe. It was a bald eagle. This bird was incredibly huge, It flew low enough over us to clearly see the white head. I don’t know if it was living in the area or just flying through but it was the first time I’ve ever seen an eagle in this area. All in all it made for a very enjoyable and interesting afternoon.

Matts first of the day
    [​IMG]

Kissing one goodbye
    [​IMG]

one of mine
    [​IMG]

2. DanAdelman

DanAdelman getting jigging with it

took my parent on the boat earlier this year on walborn a local lake and saw an bald eagle flying around. My dads never really been into fishing but boy did he think that was cool. We actually found the nest... pretty cool

3. Yanky

Yanky shakesbeard

theres a nesting pair of eagles on the black river too in the lorain area. sometimes you see what you least expect to see.