Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up 20 on monday drift fishing ruggles/cranberry area. Threw 2 back that were under size and lost 2 nice fish at the boat before i got a chance to hit them in the head with the net. All fish came between 14-24 feet of water. Color schemes did not seem to matter. Caught mine on orange/green and yellow/black. Good luck.

·
Registered
653 Posts
it seems that there is a school of fish in the skinny water between vermilion and cranberry but they all seem to be on the small side

·
Registered
113 Posts
If you go to the my post from our vermilion/ ruggles post on Sunday you can see pics of the fish caught in that area. We had a few throwbacks just under 15 and the rest varied from 16" to 27" nice variety for the freezer. I'm sure the older more mature fish are east or in deeper water. But the 18" to 20" range makes the best table fare. Sounds like there are a few bigger ones still swimming around the south edge of the sand bar.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There were several smaller fish in the mix. Big fish was around 5-6 pounds. She came in 14 foot of water. There is definately an active pod in there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts