close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Vermillion River downstream of Wakeman Dam

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by bgpark1, Jul 19, 2004.

1. bgpark1

bgpark1 Catching and Releasing

Hit the Vermillion over the weekend behind the campgrounds i stayed at... the deerflies were swarming but did not bite thaks to the repel 29% deet... not kidding they were amazing... 20 + at a time... no bites but an irratation. so hit 3 holes in 30 mins as a test and the smallies were nailing the rooster tails on impact with the surface... hit 7 smallies and a few rockbass... 12-15" and they were running and jumping out of the water... beautiful sight it was. anyway now going back with more time.... no wife or kids... will hit it friday night same place and sat morning about 12 miles upstream... just never hear anyone mention the vermillion so figured i would put out my two cents. as a kid we caught fish... mostly rocks and bluegills... and the occasional rainbow.... now i know how to fish so real excited.

2. Read your post and I agree I fish the Vermillion alot in the area you wrote about. In some places you'd never think bass would be they rush out and nail your offering and many times it's a complete suprise.
    I take alot fo youth Boy Scouts there to teach them light tackle fishing and never have been let down yet in all the years.
    Thanks for the report.
    JimG