Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Caught well over 30 eyes today between 7 and 1 o'clock. Bites were fast and furious. Quadruple headers were the norm. 32 FOW in front of the castle. Medium Dipsys, 3 setting, 80 back, and a zero setting, 60 back, Jet 20's 80-125 back. Spoon color really didn't matter.

·
761 Posts
I know - should of listened to you. We ended up with 6 out of Edgewater. most of the fish came in 40-46 fow in front of the gold coast. Commadore 64 tried to show us how, but we just couldn't get them going. We only had 2 small dipseys, so I'll blame it on that. The small dipseys got 4 of the 6.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Thanks CW, we me tup wtih CW in 40 feet of water, we had trolled for 4 hours, with 2 eye's and a whitebass to show for it.

We got in there, and luckily had 4 small dispies...and we ended up punching outr tickets. We even had one run where we had all four rods go off...we got 3 out of 4 which isn't bad for 2 guys, I think.

After we wrapped up, though, the main motor wouldn't turn over, something had drained our batteries...so we came in on the 3.9HP kicker. That took a while. All's well that ends well, and we'll know what the deal is with the boat in a day or so I imagine.

·
Duck Enemy #1
220 Posts
We ended up with 22 eyes out of Vermillion. (Threw 4 back) Got them on every spoon known to man. One fish Ohio Walleye and Sheephead (not mine of course) Didnt quite hammer them they way Steve did, but once again it was steady enough that we had trouble keeping all 4 lines wet. Once again, I learned a lot about trolling and used jets for the first time with pretty good success.

Thanks to Steve, yet again, for helping me out! I know I wouldnt have the success Ive been having without you.

Attachments

·
Catcher of Fish
2,855 Posts
Nice job on the fish. I was on my way to Cranberry Creek Sunday morning to participate in the walleye fest but managed to whack a deer with my truck. Damage was bad enough I didn't want to risk driving it all the way up to the lake and then find out something was really wrong with it. Had three different state highway patrolmen stop to investigate and two of them ran my driver's license and truck tag and one of 'em ran my sons license. I guess we looked guilty of more than hitting a deer..... :confused:

·
Duck Enemy #1
220 Posts
Glad you were able to find them. Figured when we picked up 4 while trying to bring in the rods you would be ok heading that way.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts