Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a great day a half mile out of vermillion 36 fow

2 man limit weighed in at 37lbs at the cleaners, all kept perch were over 10 inches, also one rogue 26 inch eye

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey guys! i just recently moved to Berlin Heights and plan on ramping my small boat at Huron public ramp. Any suggestions on were to fish when i leave out of the Huron river? I see you guys had some luck fishing for perch off of vermillion, how far away am i to where you guys are fishing? My boat is only 16 Ft long and i normally just go out on fairly calm days to get some perch with my dad. Any suggestions would be great Thanks!

·
Registered
108 Posts
I would recommend that you check the postings for Huron. It's about 12 miles from Huron to Vermilion, but there are plenty of good places not far from the Huron River for perch. I have fished out of Vtown for the last 15 years and I have gone out of Huron prior to that years ago and had success for the perch and it would save you some gas money as well as getting caught in a storm. Get the numbers of the bait shops and some of the great guys here on OGF and they will pass along the info you want. If you do want to make the trip over to Vermilion send me a personal message (PM) and I can give you some spots to try depending on the time of the year and lake conditions. Good luck and be safe out there.

RS

·
Registered
7,771 Posts
hey guys! i just recently moved to Berlin Heights and plan on ramping my small boat at Huron public ramp. Any suggestions on were to fish when i leave out of the Huron river? I see you guys had some luck fishing for perch off of vermillion, how far away am i to where you guys are fishing? My boat is only 16 Ft long and i normally just go out on fairly calm days to get some perch with my dad. Any suggestions would be great Thanks!
trailer over to vermilion river launch. you'd only have to go mile out for perch.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i dont know Vermillion at all. Any suggestions where i can ramp in vermillion and do they charge anything for ramping. I live off of Rt 61 in berlin heights about 15 mins from Vermillion

·
Registered
518 Posts
From rt.2 turn left on rt. 60 it ends turn right and go straight it will end at the ramp it costs $5.00
Planning on a "fun" fishing trip for my Dad (79) and daughter (18). They don't like trolling all day for a couple walleye, so thinking go for the perch. I have not launched from Vermillion, so will follow your directions. Are there bait shops close by with good minnows and crawlers? We come up Rt 60 from south.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Planning on a "fun" fishing trip for my Dad (79) and daughter (18). They don't like trolling all day for a couple walleye, so thinking go for the perch. I have not launched from Vermillion, so will follow your directions. Are there bait shops close by with good minnows and crawlers? We come up Rt 60 from south.
There are two shops selling baits and supplies real close to the ramp. One is Dry Dock located just past the entrance to the ramp. Another is Central Basin that is located past the bridge heading west and is on the north side of the road. You can google them if you need more info. Both are real nice people and helpful. Good luck!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts