Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit Vermillion this morning with a buddy and two of his sons. We decided to start the day drifting. Came out of the river mouth and got greeted with steady 3-5s (more 5s than 3s). Within the first two minutes of casting, me and one of his sons hooked into a walleye, followed by a walleye by dad. After a couple more drifts, we still only had the three fish to show for it. We decided to break out the trolling gear, and got right into the fish. Action was very steady, with a quadruple header thrown into the mix. Ended up with nineteen eyes. Easily caught over 100 junk fish. Had a white bass or sheephead on a rod at any given minute of the day.

Fished the 27/26 line, trolling east and west in 39 FOW. Never had another boat within a mile of us. Mostly '03 fish with a couple 4-5 lbers.

Kevorkian was hot, as was Hot Dots and Ole Pete's Monkey Chitlins.

Big Dipsy, 3 1/2, 80 back, and another at 0, 45 back (each side). It laid down nicely at the end of the day.

·
The Original Hot Rod
6,732 Posts
Kevorkian was hot, as was Hot Dots and Ole Pete's Monkey Chitlins.
Okay, I give up, I'm going to have to look this Monkey Chitlin thing up. If it looks anything like the real thing, I won't be touching one. ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts