Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First I would like to thank mr. and mrs page for letting me tag along to to see how tolling for walleye works awesome!
We went 10 for 18 threw one small one back and lost 3 to 4 on the way to the boat. We were finshing off the castle landmark they all were on the bottom along the 30ft contour we were going anywhere from 45 to 65 back 1.4 to 1.7 picked up most fish on our turns purple and green crawler harness and orange also white,purple pink worm burners. We ran 6 line's on his large planer boards. Pick up last one at 1 most were caught mid morning.

THANKS AGAIN ROY AND SUE I HAD A BLAST!!! I would love to do it again sometime if you ever need a deckhand give me a call

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
7th Season On Lake Erie
302 Posts
First I would like to thank mr. and mrs page for letting me tag along to to see how tolling for walleye works awesome!
We went 10 for 18 threw one small one back and lost 3 to 4 on the way to the boat. We were finshing off the castle landmark they all were on the bottom along the 30ft contour we were going anywhere from 45 to 65 back 1.4 to 1.7 picked up most fish on our turns purple and green crawler harness and orange also white,purple pink worm burners. We ran 6 line's on his large planer boards. Pick up last one at 1 most were caught mid morning.

THANKS AGAIN ROY AND SUE I HAD A BLAST!!! I would love to do it again sometime if you ever need a deckhand give me a call

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Ohub Campfire mobile app
Matt,

It was a real pleasure to have you on board with us today !
Two years ago Tom Means was kind enough to take me out trolling for Walleye for the very first time.
He gave me all the trolling basics and we have taken it from that point with lots of help from guys on this great forum along the way.

Today Sue and I had the chance to do something very similar and pass on our limited experience. Thanks for giving us that opportunity :)

We found fish off the Castle and managed to keep on them for a slow pick, using 3 oz inlines.

Here is a short video:-

·
Registered
196 Posts
the eyes are stacked out there...we smashed them anywhere from 22-34 ft of water all on reeefs 60-80 back 1.8 to 2.2 on the gps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts