Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Haven't been out to vermillion for about a month or so, although it's my favorite. always been a drifter till about june, started trolling and realized i probably could've doubled the catch doing so. 7/22 great info, i am assuming you were out in am, can't assume anything though.
thinking of heading out of edgewater in pm around 4:00, is it worth the run out to vermillion in pm ??????? Thanks.

·
Draggin Meat
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Inside lines were set at 100 with 0 dipsy 0 setting...caught a handfull

The middle rods were on fire 120 back 1.5 setting

Couldn't buy a bite on the outside lines with #1 dipsy with 3 setting at 60 back...Boat Noise...maybe...

I tried cranks for about an hour..no takers...spoon bite.

Dave

·
the Susan Lucci of OGF
16,041 Posts
nice job:p is that a marble counter top on that table? sweet. i need to make up a fish cleaning station like that. ive seen some nice ones here on OGF. all i have is a 2' x 12" board i lay on the deck.:eek:

·
Draggin Meat
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
nice job:p is that a marble counter top on that table? sweet. i need to make up a fish cleaning station like that. ive seen some nice ones here on OGF. all i have is a 2' x 12" board i lay on the deck.:eek:
It's granite. I'll keep an eye out for you. My buddy installs granite counter tops and does a lot of tear outs.:D

dave

·
Registered
343 Posts
We blanked yesterday. We fished from Cranberry Creek to ~ 1 mile east of the Castle and from 15-40 FOW. We ran spoons and cranks but no meat rigs. Couldn't find any walleye-looking marks along the way. We hoped our fortunes would change as the waves built yesterday afternoon but it just didn't happen.

·
Draggin Meat
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sometimes there is no rhyme or reason, I think everyone can vouch for that. The fun part is figuring them out and when you do "it's the best thing in the world"

By cross elimination you've just whacked possibilities and may find them next time. If that is your honey hole, they'll be back. Your report is just as important than "there jumping in the boat" Thanks for taking the time and sharing. We'll get you on the fish. Better luck next time, besides you had a better day than me....I had to work.:D

Dave

1 - 12 of 12 Posts