Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished all day 3-5 miles west of the river. Started trolling with no luck so we went to casting. All we could catch casting were white perch. So we tried trolling again and picked up three eyes. One on a 30 jet/spoon and the other two on dipsy/spoon. Went back to casting to finish the day and caught two more eyes. Sizes ranged from 17-24 inches. A good sign, we also caught three 6-8 inch eyes (from last years hatch I assume). All in all not a bad day.

I also liked how on our first drift we were the only boat within a half mile. We catch two fish, go back up to start the same drift and 10-15 boats appear. It's amazing how people can see a net in the air from so far away.

Matt

·
geriatrics supporter
358 Posts
Sounds like you had a good time. It was slow for myself and Misfit too. We were also cursed with the farm animals and two zillion white perch. We did put 3 eyes in the boat. I did see some guys loading at the ramp that had limits from trolling.

Ricks 5#

·
MOD SQUAD
13,657 Posts
would you be talking about the trolling rods and sailboat behind that handsome stud holding the fish?
Won't comment on the rest of the picture
:p :p :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts