Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got on the water around 7 am with the intention of trolling inline weights. On the way out to the sandbar saw some promising marks so we decided to drift fish. First cast put an eye in the boat. Picked up a second after a long delay and then the wind died so we decided to run out around the sand bar. Started running inlines with harnesses and had no takers. Talked to wannabitawerm and he gave me some pointers but no takers. I switched one rod to a dipsy with a shrimp colored spoon and immediately picked up a sheepy. I switched the other rods out to dipsy's and spoons and picked up 3 more eyes. All eyes caught on the shrimp color. Lost several fish on the way in. Ended the day drifting and we picked up one more eye. Not a great day but we did put a few in the box. I still have alot to learn bout this trolling game.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Congrats. Sounds like a pretty good day. How deep were you when you marked the fish for which you drifted? Same depth early drift and late drift?

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The first drift was in 40 foot of water straight out from the breakwall. The second was in around 45 foot of water on the bar. I believe we were around 31-17 line out around the bar but we were all over the place.

·
Flatulent Entreprenuer
2,601 Posts
Yeah, we were all over too. We drifted up 4 'eyes, a yellow perch, a white bass and quite a few sheephead. Marks were good all around the 31.5/17.5 but not a lot takers. There is still quite a bit of swarms under the water. I think in the next week or so, the hatches will subside, then the drift will get easier.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts