close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

vermilion today

Discussion in 'Fish on the Fly' started by Fishaholic69, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Fishaholic69

Fishaholic69 Fly Fishing Addict

me and my cousin went to mill hollow today after getting our purple fishing lisences:eek: . it was froze from the mouth to about mill hollow. all week the flows are low. we go today and everything melted. flow chart is off the charts. got there and all we see is chocolate milk. seen a older guy with some fly rods. other that that we tried egg patters for 2 casts but the flow was so fast and high we switched to black buggers asap. casted on the swing for a few hours. caught some ice chunks and leaves. still had fun. nice day to get out finally and get some practice casting in. ;) practiced the haul since it was windy in some spots. water rose on us while we were there. if only it were nice and clear out there. oh well always next month lmao. jk. hopefully it gets clearer asap.

2. CoolWater

CoolWater Multi-Species Fanatic

Nice report on the V... I drove around quite a bit just looking at water- you know run off is bad when even Cold Creek is completely muddy. I was amazed at how many people were out fishing - guess the temperature had alot to do with that - but conditions were bad. Only saw people snagging shad at CC, no steel.

3. Flyfish Dog

Flyfish Dog Banned

I am hoping to get up in April! It look like it's going to get worse today as I see it coming on the weather radar. Got a flood warning out for the V. I will be working on some poppers today.